Vanson Bourne and Bold360 powered by LogMeIn surveyed business leaders and consumers across the globe to understand how these groups view Customer Experience (CX), determine where there is still friction in CX, and define how emerging technology like Artificial Intelligence (AI) can help deliver better outcomes.
Here are the key findings of the report:
- On average, less than half (49%) of customer enquiries are resolved during the first interaction. A possible reason for this is that 68% of Business respondents agree that their agents struggle with the volume of customer enquiries.
- Just over six in ten (61%) Consumers feel that it takes too long for an enquiry to be resolved, and a further 23% believe that it takes about the right amount of time, but they would still like to be quicker – and 89% of that group will take retaliatory measures against brands who do not improve in this area.
- Over eight in ten (83%) surveyed Consumers have experienced at least one issue when interacting with a brand including having to repeat themselves, difficulty using self-service, and having trouble accessing an agent.
- When it comes to customer experience, the telecom industry ranked the lowest with only 41% of Consumers believing they get a good experience.
- Over 70% of Consumers agree that brands should leverage technologies to reduce the amount of time that it takes to resolve a customer enquiry or issue.
- More than half (54%) of Consumers and just over three quarters (76%) of Business respondents agree that AI is changing customer experience for the better.
- Human agents should not fear being replaced by bots. 65% of Business respondents said that if their organization could reduce the number of enquiries to their customer service teams by using AI they would train their agents to handle different or additional tasks.
Join me and other CX, Service, and IT leaders at LogMeIn’s CXNext in Boston on June 5th, 2019 to discuss the impact of AI-powered customer engagement across industries and business functions. You can also read the full report on consumer attitudes towards chatbots and CX automation below:
Read the full LogMeIn 2018 AI Customer Experience ReportLogMeIn Impact of Chatbots On The CX Journey
Looking to apply AI for customer experience? Sign up for more education.
We’ll let you know when we release more educational articles covering beneficial applications of AI for customer experience.