Conversational AI is replacing and augmenting standard user interfaces between computers and humans. Modern advances in natural language processing and dialog generation, such as OpenAI’s breakthrough GPT-3 model, allow us to operate our home devices hands-free, dynamically analyze our business metrics, and even improve and automate our own communications.
Want to know how to apply the latest research breakthroughs in conversational AI to your business, but don’t have the time to sort and analyze the latest research papers yourself?
We’ve curated the top 25 recent research papers you should know and summarized them in our signature easy-to-read bullet-point format.
This series tackles four critical aspects of building state-of-the-art conversational agents:
- Open-domain chatbots
- Task-oriented chatbots
- Dialog datasets
- Evaluation metrics
We explore specific topics such as:
- improving empathy and persona-consistency of chatbots;
- exploring transfer learning approach for open-domain and task-oriented dialog systems;
- multi-domain dialogs;
- recently introduced datasets for training and evaluating dialog agents;
- new reliable evaluation metrics for dialog systems.
You are an ideal reader of our premium Conversational AI research summaries IF:
- You lead a data science, machine learning, or research team focused on building dialog agents using novel techniques.
- You lead a company which produces an AI-based enterprise solution to automate customer support and/or sales & marketing with chatbots and want to make sure your solutions are cutting-edge versus your competitors.
- You run an AI advisory company and want to be up-to-date on industry progress.
- You invest in AI companies and want to improve your ability to perform technical due diligence.
- You need to know the latest improvements to conversational agents but don’t have the time to review and synthesize industry research yourself.
That said, our research summaries are not for everyone. We don’t think the content is a good fit if you don’t have a technical team or resources to implement the key ideas from these research breakthroughs.